Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Oh forgive me!

My darling blog followers forgive me. It's been so long since I last posted. I'm so sorry about that but my computer broke and all I had to access the internet was an iPhone. Every tried doing a whole post on an iPhone? LOL, not easy!

Well now I have a new computer so I am getting back to blogging :) I will update on Jonah first and then go post something on 5by40.

Well, Jonah is going great and going not so great. He is profoundly autistic and is very developmentally delayed for his age but he is learning and he is gradually catching up.

He still has very minimal speech with almost all words being lost and some recovered, then lost again, then recovered...

His current vocabulary consists of

Mum
Bub
Dadda
Go
Car
Banana (yah yah)
All Gone

So, he does have some words but not as many as he should for his age. Still, we're very happy that he is gaining words still as it appears that the regression has finally stopped :) Yesterday we had an amazing milestone with his receptive language when he went and bought me Sam's jacket after I had asked Sam to go find it. Awesome stuff! It's the first time Jonah has bought me something I've asked for and I wasn't even asking him!!

Tonight for the first time ever and after almost a year of trying, he spood fed himself his dinner! I had been feeding him then got up to get something for him and while I was gone he picked up the spoon and started feeding himself. I was so shocked lol. He ended up feeding himself almost all of his dinner with only minimal help from me. Every time he put the spoon in his mouth we would all clap and cheer and he LOVED it! LOL. He smiled and cheered himself on too haha. I am just so proud of him.

Can you believe he turns 2 this Sunday? I know, pick yourself up off the floor, it's true! LOL. He's still a little shorty though, very comfortable in size one clothes but he's no lightweight, he's 12kg now!

OK, must run, I still have to update my other blog hopefully tonight. I promise I will be back soon, my friends :) Thanks for sticking around if you're all still out there :)

4 comments:

  1. SHEESH!! He's as heavy as Milly moo!! :) She must have stolen his height :)

    Amazing news about his progress Donna! Your hard work has paid off. I'm so proud of you for squaring your shoulders and grabbing this whole situation by the horns and making it work. You are an amazing woman, I'm in awe of you - and I'm proud to call you friend. Love love love you. xxx Skip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for little...and yet monumentous achievements :) . I thought that Jonah's birthday was soon :) Happy 2nd Birthday for Sunday Jonah :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou lovies. That wolf has indeed taken a beating.

    Love you too Skiperoo xxxx Mwah!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sammy calls Bananas Ya Ya's too! ;-) It's pretty cute. I'm just so thrilled he is making progress.

    The work you are all doing now is so vital - you're laying the foundations of what could now be a wonderful, wonderful life. You're setting his horizons so much further than had he not been diagnosed this early.

    ReplyDelete