Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Twinkle

Jonah came home from the LC today singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (TTLS). Well, in his own special way he did! He'd not shown us any real sign that he was interested in this song, actually if you remember back I had to stop singing it to him because for some reason it would send him into a rage LOL.

Last week the girls at the LC told me that Jonah love TTLS and would stop in his tracks if ever he heard it. News to me! Anyway, I started to notice that he would often fiddle with his fingers and make a soft humming noise so when he did this I would sing TTLS to him and his face would light up.

Today when he came home he looked at he, flicked his fingers around and started singing what sounded a lot like TTLS. By singing I mean he says "Gah gah gah..." but it had a 'tune' and he was flicking his fingers at the same time. It WAS twinkle! and he was singing it to me. And when he finished he threw his hands up in the air and yelled "Yay!" Clearly very proud of himself, as he should be!

So I sung it to him and the funniest thing happened. He danced! He bopped up and down and side to side (This kid puts my full body squats to shame) and laughed the whole way through. Then at the end he threw his hands in the air and yelled "Yayy!"

Incredibly gorgeous!

Also, this morning when it was time for me to leave him, one of the carers picked him up and for the first time ever, Jonah didn't cry....he waved at me!! I wanted to run up and hug the stuffing out of him but of course that would have defeated the purpose lol.

And on other news, the LC staff were super excited today! They told me that at lunch time when Angie (carer) mentioned it was now time for lunch, Jonah walked to the door, opened it and started trying to bring the lunch trolly into the room! His receptive language skills are coming ahead in leaps and bounds. Tonight Darling Husband called the other children into the dining room, Jonah was in the lounge and he stayed there. Then Darling Husband called out for Jonah and Jonah ran straight out to him. This is huge stuff! He's responding to requests and that means great things for the J man. Receptive language skills are so importand and from what I remember are a marker for IQ.

Tomorrow we also start him on melatonin. This is a naturally occuring hormone that should help him to sleep. It's only available at a few select chemists so we need to go a hunting for it but hopefully we should be able to find some.

All in all, a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment