Monday, August 2, 2010

Friends!

Today Jonah made a friend :) There is a little dude at the LC named Raffaelle. He is a gorgeous little sprite, very friendly, lots of really good talking but still clearly under the ASD umbrella. Raffaelle and Jonah have just started to 'notice' each other and today Jonah's carers told me that they became great mates :)

There is a big white tub in the centre, filled with crumpled up paper and a few little toys. Apparently Raffaelle climed intot he tub and sat down, then Jonah climbed in after him, sat next to him and smiled at him. The staff took a picture and oh my giddy Aunt it was just adorable! These two special little cherubs, sitting together and smiling.

This place is just so good for our boy :)

1 comment:

  1. That's so beautiful to hear. I remember the first time Alexander made a real connection with a little ASD boy named Jack. It had both his mother and I all teary, finally seeing our boys with a peer, on equal footing. It is remarkable.

    Well done, JMan. Sounds like you are making great strides.

    I'm going to sit and have a tiny little chuckle at your Mummy's "Oh my giddy aunt". I haven't heard that one in YEARS!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete