Thursday, March 25, 2010

Gooooo!

For the past week or so I have been trying to teach Jonah how to play Peek-a-boo. I've been covering my face, taking my hands away and saying "Booo!" Sometimes he smiles but mostly he just wanders off, probably wondering what the hell it is that I think I'm doing lol.

Today I was sitting at my computer when I noticed Jonah was standing in front of me. I looked up and he smiled, then he did something incredible. He put his hands over his eyes, took them away and yelled "Gooooo!"

He was playing 'Peek-a-boo! It was the first time he has ever interacted with me without me first prompting it. I picked him up and squeezed him so hard I think I scared him lol. It's our very first breakthrough and I am so very proud of him.

4 comments:

  1. that is a beautiful thing. sending you much love from maine (still!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, a breathtaking moment! I can't wipe the silly grin off my face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great Donna, give yourself a hug too, you are such a wonderful Mum. xxx

    ReplyDelete